Bariatric Psychological Services
Bariatric psychology is multifaceted and complicated. If you are interested in reducing your weight, seeking surgery, or have already had surgery and have not reached your goal weight..this is the right place!
Our services include:
Pre-Surgical Evaluations a 360 assessment that will provide a comprehensive overview of your strengths and areas of development going into surgery. The information you receive is important for your lasting success. The evaluation will provide you with unbiased professional information, as well as strategies to overcome possible bumps in the road. We encourage all weight loss clients to participate in ongoing psychotherapy and psycho-education. The process of assessment is not to prevent anyone from having surgery, quite the opposite. The more ready you are to engage in the activities that are required of you after surgery the easier it will be to incorporate new lifestyle changes into your daily routine.Who: Anyone considering bariatric surgery will need to complete a full assessment.
What: Our 360 Bariatric Assessment includes three standardized assessments, a series of questionnaires, a clinical interview, and a review of the testing data. We invite you to come back for a follow-up appointment 6 months after surgery.
Where: You will complete your assessment online. Testing takes up to 3 hours.
When: After signing up for your online assessment, you will schedule a clinical interview to get your results. Don't wait until the last minute to complete your assessment, often the suggestions given will help you better prepare for surgery. Assessment reports are given to your doctor within 7 business days.
Benefits of Engaging in Support and Behavioral Health Counseling
1. Consistency of information. We are happy to work with you and your doctor to provide consistent information and support.
2. Better weight loss outcomes. People who participate in weekly, bi-weekly, or even monthly therapeutic counseling have better success rates.
3. You will learn how to change your relationship with food. Surgery alone will not change how you think and feel about food. Understanding the internal forces and beliefs that drive your behavior will make your journey easier.
4. Relationship difficulties are not uncommon, this includes marital, family, work, and friendships. Counseling can help you navigate through the process of change.
5. Keeping motivated. After a while, the novelty of surgery will wear off, and motivation may ebb. Through counseling you will begin to set goals and employ changes that help you create the life you want, your therapist will keep you on track and headed in the right direction.
The weight reduction program is a great start and can be added to your weight loss journey. We also offer a 12 monthly follow-up after-care program, structured specifically for bariatric weight loss patients.
12-Month Bariatric Behavioral Strategies Coaching Program
See: www. bariatricbehavioralservics... for more information
- Reevaluating expectations
- Understanding and changing your relationship to food
- Understanding the connection between food and mood
- Managing stress and stressful situations
- Transference of addiction
- Feeding the emotional self
- Appetite awareness
- Barriers to successful weight reduction
- Underlying beliefs that motivate your behavior
- Communication strategies
- Understanding your personality and your weight loss journey
- Achieving a balance between goals and habits
If you are someone who is considering surgery, you have come to the right place. If you are someone who has had surgery and want extra support.. you have come to the right place. We are passionate about helping you achieve your goals and create the life you love!